10 major freeCodeCamp improvements that are live now

I saw that Ariel had posted some helpful answers to address questions regarding the new UI and the data for challenge solutions.

Bugs should always be reported as GitHub Issues. Whenever reporting a bug, please check first that there isn’t already an issue for it and provide as much detail as possible.

If you want to keep working on FCC while this bug is being investigated, you certainly can. If you’re concerned about those challenges being saved to your account, I recommend saving your solutions somewhere else for now. This would be a great time to learn how to use your GitHub account, but you can also just save copies of your solutions on your personal computer, cloud storage, or use a tool like repl.it which allows for versioning.

2 Likes

Hi I reported the issue on github. fortunately y also have my code on github, hope you to hear from you guys soon. I know deployments are never easy specially with changes as big as this one.

as updated I tried on a diferent brouwser and it is working I can get to my profile using firefox developer edition seems the issue happends just with regular firefox

Oh, okay, I get it, I didn’t understand because it seemed to be actually rolled out but nothing had been announced, hence the confusion (for me and many other users). Great work, thanks a lot for all of this! :tada::blush:

1 Like

Would you please add that information to your GitHub issue? It might help the team figure out what’s going on.

Thank you! I indeed found it where you said it would be.
I agree, I see there are a lot more challenges now. Looking forward to completing it, especially the more advanced stuff.

The website seems broken at the moment because I cannot open any challenges or lessons or projects. It just shows blank page. But 20 mins ago I could read the whole curriculum and hats off to Quincy for this awesome new upgrade.

2 Likes

Hi,
I understand you just rolled out this new version of FCC.
Thank you for your will and all of your hard work to help people learn to code.

Just wanted to update I’ve started using the new site and I’ve been experiencing a lot of bugs.
I’ve turned off adblockers and anything that could block site functionality.

I didn’t track all of the bugs and what makes them happen but some of the bugs: sometimes the screen goes completely white; clikcing on the “view the curriculum” button at the top left doesn’t always show the curriculum and it doesn’t open on the current lesson section;
on this lesson:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/applied-accessibility/improve-accessibility-of-audio-content-with-the-audio-element

When I complete it it doesn’t recognize the closing tag.

I’ll open issues in the github from now on.

1 Like

Some users have reported getting blank pages intermittently. It seems to usually be fixed by refreshing.

Hi Ariel I did that. hopefully that help you guys in this time of need :wink:

1 Like

Mine was working completely fine, and now it’s suddenly not. It seemingly signed me out, but when I click sign-in, it sends me to the Welcome page (without needing email) and when I click on curriculum, it sends me back to a blank page and then tells me to sign in again.

Are you having a similar issue @mjhossain?

3 Likes

“Explore the curriculum button” stopped working on my chrome browser…

3 Likes

I have same problem. Tried to clear cache and cookies, didn’t helped. Tho work fine in private browser. O_o

1 Like

when I use it in private browser option it works without saved progress, but when I’m logged in, it just not functioning(((

I have the same problem

It seems that they removed that annoying fifth window of errors and mixed it with the lesson section like the old UI. Good as a start for a better UI.

1 Like

Yes, but they still miss the Hint button

Well, as long as they don’t show the solutions and only the hints then I’m fine with it coming back(if ever).

I don’t see estimated time progression anymore. Like 5 hours, 200 hours etc. I can do without but that was helpful for me. Also I am getting errors when clicking curriculum, for example it does nothing or just doesn’t load, but I am sure that is probably something you guys are working on. Edit* also on the first instance of curriculum it is impossible to make it show as if I completed the section because there is nothing to complete. So i get through the entire list of stuff and it appears incomplete because of the first instance.

Same for me! Keeps redirecting me to freecodecamp.org, I sign in there each time and each time I go back to learn.freecodecamp.org I’m still logged out

3 Likes