10 major freeCodeCamp improvements that are live now

10 major freeCodeCamp improvements that are live now

I just finished the twitch api. Does that mean all the work I did is for nothing? I don’t see it under anything but “legacy”

Is the order of courses different after this update? I’ve been following along chronologically but now it looks like I’ve completed sections scattered throughout the course.

I’m so overwhelmed with these new much lessons but I’m very glad with this new change. Although the design is a bit of odd and doesn’t seem that much of modern, everything else is just great. I always thought that FCC kinda doesn’t give you that much of lessons to learn the full stuff of the languages but these new lessons, challenges, projects and everything solved this issue.

All what I can say is that you’re the best for doing all this stuff.

Same question here, it looks like some content of the lessons have been changes, so was the order of them…

Hey there, thanks for adding tasks but I do not get the following: all the code that I wrote so far in my previous 199 assignments is gone and the “get hint” button, for example on the Basic jS section, is gone for the moment. Will those two issues be resolved? I am really confused. Thanks in advance.

I love FCC because of the sense of satisfaction it gives you as you complete the next “level,” and the restructuring feels like it disrupted that rhythm now that I have to go back and fill in the gaps from new courses. Oh well, its probably for the best. I just wanted to double check that I do, in fact, need to work from this new framework before I dive in.

You’re super, super right.

I started a few days ago and I loved the simplicity and ease of everything.

Now it’s a giant clustered mess and it feels overwhelming.

Oh these are some awesome improvements!

As someone who’s been using the beta curriculum for the past few months, I’m happy to see it go live. :sunny:

Congratulations on the big move! :fireworks: :sparkler: :tada: :confetti_ball:

So after weeks of going thru the old projects and lessons, we now have to go back and make up all the new projects and lessons to update our progress? I am confused about my current progress and projects I spent hours on that are not included.

Ahh that was an interesting roll out. so its officially live now?

Why sign-in using github isn’t working? I fear losing all my progress :fearful: .I had almost completed intermediate algorithm scripting .Please help!

I’m having some trouble figuring out exactly where to start. I can’t find the challenges I was doing previously, and I don’t know where to jump back in.

Wow, so cluttered. Also, please change the sign in back. I don’t want to have to check my email every time I sign in. I just want to put my password in and get started. Please undo the changes.

This was a bit of a shock to me when I logged on today. Was expecting to spend my day continuing some problems I was working on last night and was smacked in the face with a new layout to learn.

Whatever, I’ll figure it out. I am excited about some of the new curriculum specifically E6 and Sass so thanks for adding those!

Some suggestions for improvement and things I’d like clarification on:

• The map sidebar worked great for me on the last site but on the new site, it’s confusing. Why is it a pop up that changes the page behind you? It just feels buggy but that’s just like my opinion man.
  • Also, the curriculum doesn’t have the required challenges aren’t marked with asterisks like the last version had them. I used these as a guide to determine if I really needed to go back and do the previous lessons (No point in clicking through the H2 lessons when I’ve been using HTML for years). They would be a nice guide to add back in.
  • On the note of certifications, where are those? How do I claim them? You said you added 6 more but how do I know when I’ve done the work to earn them? I assume this just hasn’t gotten set up yet.
  • Finally, the white hurts my eyes. I turned on the Night Mode in settings but it doesn’t apply to the actual coding challenges. If I had to guess it would be because the setting doesn’t propagate from www.freecodecamp.org to learn.freecodecamp.org but what do I know.

Anyway, thanks for the update I am sure once everyone has been using it for a while it will be awesome.
Thanks!
NJL

TL;DR
Thanks for the new curriculum I look forward to learning it

• Explore Curriculum feels buggy and isn’t fun to navigate
  • How do I know what’s required for certificates?
  • How do I even claim a certificate?
  • Is night mode available on the challenges?

Is there a way to see all of the legacy challenges and projects we’ve already completed so we don’t need to redo them?

Welcome new freecodecamp platform, I’ve been waiting for you for a long time.
Finallyyyyyyyyyyyy!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Thank you to all contributors!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Overwhelmingly a lot of new challenges at a glance, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it lol. It’s great in retrospect. One thing, I tried doing some of the new Basic CSS challenges. I complete one, and it seems that when I hit “View Curriculum” button, it tries to load the Curriculum box curriculum section but instead the page goes blank. It’s fixed after refreshing.

well, this one here is definitely a mojor update!
great work, guys, I think that even though it’s a bit more difficult to get used to, it looks way more professional.

there is a problem with updating email though…when I try to confirm the address via e-mail link on FCC page it tells me

The email encoded in the link is incorrectly formatted

I wouldn’t like to start all over again…

While I love the new autocomplete in the editor, the new sprawling 5 pane editing page is a bit overwhelming compared to the simplified 3 pane editor. Opening certain challenges or lessons hits you with a gargantuan wall of text that otherwise was clean looking previously. ( https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/link-to-internal-sections-of-a-page-with-anchor-elements ) this lesson is a good example.

As someone who literally just started this program the other day, I’m annoyed that I have to micromanage the curriculum I worked on and back-track, single selecting new or changed challenges that are now completely out of context to what I had just completed. Growing pains with a major update? Sure. I get it but I’m just bummed I have to endure it 3 days into my efforts.

Lastly, night mode seems to have been broken in the new editor. It’s only working when I update my profile or adjust my settings. As soon as I hop into learn.freecodecamp it’s gone.

Thanks,
-CS