10 major freeCodeCamp improvements that are live now

Oh, I’m using Edge. Do you know if it works with Firefox or Chromium?

I believe so. There are still some bugs, of course, but life will be much easier if you don’t use Edge.

Thanks!!! (Sorry I needed 20 characters)

Yeah, I know that, thanks. The in-editor code being saved is fine, but when I download my user data from the settings page, it only has two challenges’ solutions, even though I’ve done a hundred, or so. Is my data lost forever, or am I just not being shown it?

Just a quick question ; I am still unable to print out my Back End certification even though I have done all of the required projects.

Is this still an ongoing issue ?

@Aviage-01 - Based on what I’ve observed on GitHub, only the project solutions are being stored, but there is work being done to add a button to download your solution when you complete a lesson.

@BoCode84 - I know that a GitHub Issue was created for this. You can do a search and subscribe to updates. If no one is working on it yet, you could submit the fix.

Great work. I just returned to freecodecamp after a long time. The new curriculum looks good, and thanks for including new standards and practises for CSS and Javascript as well.

@ArielLeslie

I have seen the thread opened for this issue.
All I need is just an image so I have an official certificate in case if employer asks for it.
That’s all.
Is there any way we can receive it ?
Maybe @QuincyLarson would know more about this ?

If you look at the GitHub Issue, you’ll see that

1. Printing works in Firefox
  2. You can take a screenshot and print that
  3. A fix has been made and is currently in staging.

Will check later today

Thank you !

So in other words, all the work done on the lessons is gone forever?
I’m depressed.

They’re just learning exercises. They weren’t anything that you had really built yet. Now that you’ve proceeded past them, you have the skills and experience to be able to do those small tasks again, probably better. Being depressed about not having your old answers is like being depressed about not having old math homework.

2 Likes

Yes, I still have the skills gained from those challenges, but those challenges were a library that I had built up.
For instance, some of the code I made later on needed a falsy-bouncer-type function, which, because the original falsy bouncer I made was gone forever, meant I had to re-code it.
So it’s like being depressed that the math cheat-sheets you had made in your math homework had been destroyed. Or that the problems you were facing were the same ones as in your math homework, but because the homework had been destroyed, you had to work out the problems again.

@ArielLeslie

I have tried Firefox and it is still not working

Error I am getting is “it looks like you have not completed the necessary steps. Please complete the required challenges to claim the APIs and Microservices” ; yet, I have completed all projects required and it is allowing me to click on “Claim certification”

Could you, please, let me know what I have done incorrectly ?

I thought that you were complaining about not being able to print. Printing works in Firefox. There is a different issue regarding claiming that certificate. You can monitor its status on GitHub.

Well ; printing as in getting it to show as image ; That’s what I meant ; Sorry if I was not clear.

i just completed my html projects,but not able to access my certificate please help me out . On homepage ot shows that you have earned but i am not able to see it.

Check your privacy settings. If your certificates or timeline are set to “private,” then your certificates will not be visible.

Is the Responsive Web Design certificate live now? I have links listed for all five projects and I get a popup telling me that I have not completed the necessary challenges.

Fantastic updates everyone. I would be great if we had links to the sub domains in the nave bar like before, or a link to a page with all the fCC subdomain links on it. Thanks!