28 years old, Underemployed, and Wish I Could FInd a Job Yesterday

My two rebuttals to those issues are:

1. Is it worth having some income so you can spend them on short term gains or is it better to struggle a little while longer to have a massive income to do more than just visit friends? The pain point is, in fact, a money issue.

2. How do you know they’re going to kick you out? Did you already talk to them about devoting full-time to learning code? When I talked my folks about quitting my job, I told them what my plan was going to be right down to the hour.
    Their biggest fear was me making a brash decision and being miserable. Of course, they were totally against my decision. But when I showed them I could manage my burn rate and had a deadline, I got their buy in.

Again this is a drastic course of action, but judging from your original post, this may be what you need to get yourself out of your situation.

You know, it’s fine what I’m working right now. It’s not like I’m working full-time, so I still have time to code. It’s actually the best of both worlds; I still have some money, and a lot more time to code.

Honestly, I worry more about what potential employers might think that I’ve been out of school this long and that I’ve been working at a grocery store instead of somewhere else.

Have you thought about doing a coding boot camp? That would help alleviate the stigma of not having a CS degree.

1 Like

I’m just curious. what happened now after 11 month?

3 Likes

You can be an interpreter English - Japanese. I can say that this job pays well. Anyway, have you ever thought about studying in Japan. It will help you gain more professional opportunities. Or, you can consider to have another job, Lots of my friends work as copywriter for top1apk while they all have a fulltime job. It’s not easy to find a job now, but you can find out if you improve yourself and be active.

1 Like

Hi @MirAya!

Welcome to the forum!

First and foremost, mental health is extremely important. So please make sure you tend to your mental health first before programming.

Secondly, I understand that it is tough to learn programming. It is a whole other way of thinking. Just take baby steps and take things slow.

Practice and time is the key.

Just remember not to push yourself too much. It is totally fine to take breaks.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

@MirAya, Don’t give up hope, ending life is not a solution, it’s passing the problem on to another. Remember, a sad person who is in sorrow is already feeling so bad that they cannot believe anything worse would be there, until they themselves see someone worse than them. Hope never asks anything in return, but if you keep hope, it’ll stay with you in even the darkest of times when no one else is. Don’t be depressed. You can do other things, if you’re unemployed at the moment, that’s okay, an upside is that you have a lot of time, you can learn to code, maybe YouTube, or teach something on skillshare, since you can do those things at your own pace, what’s obvious to you isn’t obvious to others, many will definitely have a lot to learn from you, there are a lot of things. But remember everything will be alright.

1 Like