2nd project Survey form - Feedback please!

Hello again guys!
So, my 2nd project… if you ask me its alot better than my previous one(tribute page)… more creativity and well… still a messy code… BUT! im still learning and its alot of fun, so hopefully it will look better!

please leave feedback!

one thing that i was really struggling with was to align the inputs and the textarea with 100%… the button aligned well but not the rest, therefor i had to lower the width of the inputs and textarea to 99% to make it look symmetrical with the button… might be cheating but im still looking in to the problem and hopefully someone of you guys might have the solution.

Thanks alot!

https://codepen.io/shankly1892/full/oNXOPaB?fbclid=IwAR0Czse94ZQszSIYEkdTuQIBSLFvSHBSc9iVmzskEsZF6w_ldPS4rUR3cXs

best regards, Simon

1 Like

@therainmaker, your form looks okay. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There are a errors you need to clean up and you’re not using the the for attribute in the label and the id attribute in the input correctly. And you’re not nesting the inputs within the label elements. When nested properly users should be able to click on the radio button/checkbox OR the label and it will be selected.
<parentElement attributeName="value">
  <nestedElement attributeName="value"> </nestedElement>
</parentElement>
  • Review this add checkboxes lesson. The radio buttons are there and nested properly. Note that you can click the label and it selects or you select the button. Attributes for and id are the same. When you add the checkboxes you follow that same format.
  • Why not make your button a button? And style it like a button, not a bar. Hint: <button id="submit" type="submit">Submit</button>
  • You’re not calling your font correctly. When you selected your font and clicked on embed it gave you a link (by default) to add to head in HTML. If you want to call it in CSS then click on the @import link to get the link to use to import the font in CSS.
    • For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • Hope I explained all that well enough

I don’t normally comment on someone’s design but;

• It’s hard to read. You have white lettering in your form that’s blending in with semi-white in your background. It’s confusing and hard on the eyes.
  • It’s very small

question: so, if you were to like actually use that survey form, would you need to purchase a domain and stuff?? I’m new to all of this and i’m dumb :confused:

Probably like a website, although I think some websites can make surveys for you so you don’t have to purchase a domain, or maybe you can keep your survey in a website, I’m not sure though.

Are there any programs or whatever to just put your html and css into a website? aaaA