31, 0 coding XP, just got a Dev Job!

Thank you Free Code Camp and the community for helping me along the way. 15 months ago, i didn’t know what a div was, and today I was offered a full time front end dev job at San Francisco! Lots of work ahead of me, but good god, can’t be happier. It has been incredibly difficult to get here, but I did! Thank you FCC!

Ask any questions you want of me!

5 Likes

I would love to hear more of your story… give some newbies like me some inspiration… why you went I to coding? What was your previous employment?

Congratulations :slight_smile:

Hey Docwali,

I got into coding because I wanted to create things. I wanted a job that let me solve puzzles on my own. It is a pretty introverted/quiet job. I was previously working in higher ed as an advisor (I have an MA in college counseling) to students and that required a lot of triage, response to problems, and communication with others who needed help. While it was satisfying to aide students sometimes, it drained me considerably in a strange way. I am incredibly introverted! Coding seemed do-able (so many resources to learn), paid well, introverted, interesting, and most of all fun! Building out projects was cool. The problem solving (while frustrating at times) was satisfying!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your story— did you complete all the parts of FCC?

I get inspired when I hear someone from FCC advance in a career!

What advice would you give a newbie??