33 yo, from no webdev experience to full-stack developer in 4 months thanks to FCC

33 yo, from no webdev experience to full-stack developer in 4 months thanks to FCC

Absolutely amazing!!! And awesome of you to share your experiences and resources as well. Very inspiring and I love your tenacity!!!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your experience and thank you for your motivation. I really missed this.

0 Likes

congratulations for your new job & thanks for sharing resources you used during your journey.
it looks like you really worked very hard.very very motivating
thanks

0 Likes

Congrats mate! truly inspiring one!

0 Likes

Congrats and amazing writeup , the first post that i have bookmarked on FCC. :ok_hand:

0 Likes

Thanks for this inspiring story! How far along the FCC curriculum did you finish?

0 Likes

Heya! I completed the first 3 sections, then I proceeded following Brad’s course and building a bunch of personal projects. I only got the 2nd certificate (Js) because one evening I felt like doing some algos. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks everyone for the kind comments, I really appreciate them.

0 Likes

Wow amazing story. I want to ask,how hard will it be for me to land a developer job in Germany?I have a bachelors degree in electronics from India. How should I build my portfolio? I am specializing in JavaScript and related frameworks and libraries.

0 Likes

Honestly I have no idea, but questions like yours get asked from time to time by fellow indians on r/cscareerquestionsEU – check the replies in this thread for example, or ask away yourself. Since you happen to have a degree in electronics I’d focus on embedded sw if I were you, afaik Germany has a lot of job opportunities in this field. Good luck!

0 Likes

Congratulations on your job, and thank you for your motivational story!

0 Likes

I was using Duolingo and a couple of grammar books, so all self-taught as usual. The main sprint was during my “vacation” days in August, which I spent home studying it non-stop. It was quite easy for me to get the gist of it since all romance languages are very close.

0 Likes