So I’ve been one of the fortunate few self-taught web developers that went from nearly no experience to finally getting to the point where I can have pretty stable employment with a decent salary.
I’ve been working on a website in my spare time to help people who are either newbie programmers get better, or get better jobs. I really want to make some awesome free resources available from someone who’s been there to help guide others.
I’m working on a free guide/tutorial…but before I dive in and create this bad boy, I could use a little help.
Which of the following guides would you read? Also, if none of those prove interesting, what guide would you want to see me write? (Please feel free to reply with any extra comments to explain your reasoning. The more detail there is, the easier it will be to create a guide that’s more interesting to you)
Pick the topic that you would want to read about the most:
- How To Work with Git When You’re a New Developer on a Team (Help new developers work with git in teams)
- How To Make a Great Coding Sample That Will Get You Hired (Help new developers make a great coding sample so they can get that dream job!)
- Gentle Guide to a Vim and Tmux workflow for Newbies (This guide would help newbies “code faster” by not using the mouse)
- A Roadmap for New Rails Developers Trying To Move From Junior to Mid-Level (A gentle guide to help new Ruby on Rails Developers level-up to “mid-level")
- Learning Elixir for Rubyists (Help “Ruby programmers” transition to become “Elixir programmers")