About shifting my career to software developer!

Hey guys,
I studied business and I was working in supply chain field but I couldn’t get a good opportunity job. I want to take your advice to start shifting my career from supply chain field to software developer. I have time to study from scratch. Some people advised me to start with database then front-end to be employed within 6 months or starting with java, python… What’s your recommends for me? I really confused, how can I start! Your advice can change my life.
Thanks in advance.

HI Aizen,
firstly i share the feeling that i get with web development, its amazing to see how you create things how your ideas get materialised on web pages, or apps so would definitely recommend you to switch your career.

i would recommend you to start with html, css and javascript, for javascript perhabs its better to learn about algorithms before .

Try to follow freeCodeCamp learning curriculum step by step. i personally find it really really useful.
Good luck!

Hi Aizen, I’ve just switched career from insurance to web development. I started off with HTML, CSS, bootstrap and javascript. I started in November 2018 with a view to change career and I’ve just finished my first week as a junior developer. I’d say don’t rush it or put a time scale on it.

Thanks Juan for your advice :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Helen for your advice :slightly_smiling_face: