About the HTML-CSS category

The <link> should not be inside h2, it should be placed above the <style>

It says to import, it means we import the link to the whole CSS and call only the font-family to our need, we should not place the link inside the CSS.

4 Likes

1 Like

h2 should contain only the font-family property, it looks like you have removed some code, i think there was a class .red-text { }, but seems like you have removed it. Do not remove or add any extra code, its not wrong but FCC does not accept it.

You can reset the code and add the link and the font-family to the h2, don’t remove codes

2 Likes

I am facing one problem in CSS part. It is always showing “Your h2 element should use the font Lobster.”
how can I solve it?? Can you please help me within very short time??

Dear kraven2906, without your h2 element, the whole code must inside the main element
( )

1 Like

Dear kraven2906, without your h2 element, the whole code must inside the main element

CatPhotoApp

//your all p tag elements

2 Likes

use the link given in the topic

separate .red-text and h2 element as in h2 put only font-family

3 Likes

@LauS1020
Try removing the < wpr > and changing the text to only “cat photos”

1 Like

I had a huge problem with this test, too! It drove me nuts. I finally figured it out. I’m not sure if your problem was the same as mine but, if so, here’s the solution:

• the wording in the challenge made it hard to understand; specifically “comment out”. For us newbies, this didn’t make any sense. For those who have done this awhile, they probably knew exactly what it meant.
  • to “comment out” means: insert a “comment” element. (remember, a comment element is one that shows up on your end but not on the real page)
  • so, for this challenge, you need to insert a comment element around the “link”. This is done by adding
  • this was made more frustrating because in the part where it tells you what you’re doing wrong and offers hints, the ‘code lingo’ for the less than sign (<) is ‘&#60’. I had NO IDEA what to do with that, no idea where it came from, I was banging my head.
  • So…you do NOT add ‘&#60!’ anywhere. You use the less than sign (<) without the parentheses. It should look like this and, if you do it right, it will show up in green.

As for the h2 part: you put a comma sign between ‘Lobster’ and ‘monospace’, NOT a semicolon
It should look like this:
h2 {
font-family: Lobster, monospace;
}
Hope that helps!

1 Like

How do I complete “Use an h2 CSS selector to change the font.”

(Where do I put it?)

4 Likes

hello in Applied Visual Design: Use the u Tag to Underline Text it says Wrap the u tag around the text “Ph.D. students”. It should not include the parent div that has the class of cardText .can i get full solution or a snip of that program if someone ahs dont it??

There must be only one <style>.....</style> tag and all your CSS styles should go in between them, what you have done is correct except you have added another style tag for the h2 selector… remove that extra style tag and move the h2 { } into the first <style></style>

<style>
p {

}
h2 {

}
</style>

This was a bit misleading to me, too.
Don’t worry about the div part. The solution is just to put the tag around “Ph.D. students”
< u >“Ph.D. students”< /u >

1 Like

I’m having a problem with “Applied Visual Design: Create a Horizontal Line Using the hr Element”
The task is: “Add an hr tag underneath the h4 which contains the card title.”

< h4 > Google Alphabet < /h4>

< p >Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were < u>Ph.D. students< /u> at < strong>Stanford University< /strong>.< /p>

I entered the following but get the error: “the hr tag should come between the title and the paragraph”
< h4 > Google Alphabet < /h4>
< hr>
< p >Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were < u>Ph.D. students< /u> at < strong>Stanford University< /strong>.< /p>

I can’t figure out why this isn’t working. I even looked ahead to the next challenge (which builds on this one) and the given code is written EXACTLY the way I have done above. Is this an error in the challenge or am I doing something wrong?

hi ,
I have the same problem as you , did you solve it

3 Likes

@QuincyLarson can you help me on: Make Links Navigatable with HTML Access Keys !PLEASE HELP!

2 Likes

cat photos
tell me please what’s wrong in this cuz when i submit it in the curriculum test it says :You need an a element that links to http://freecatphotoapp.com.

should i write the code to external link before the cat photo or after

3 Likes

PhotoApp

please the above code is giving me error. I get this error

Your style declaration should end with a ; .

1 Like

hey can you help me in html level 6

1 Like