About the HTML-CSS category

Hello there. I have a question on the HTML course…
How does the main tag help? I do not see a big difference.

1 Like

how to make web apps not affected with browsers?

1 Like

Can someone please tell me how to post to the forum? I can not find a button that says post or compose. Your help is appreciated.

Hi I am a newbee here… can you help with this problem?

Your .red-box rule should include a fallback with the background set to red immediately before the existing background declaration.

:root { --red-color: red; } .red-box { background-color: var(--red-color, red); height: 200px; width:200px; }
1 Like

Hi,
I am a little confused about the image source coding. In the example curriculum it opens < and closes >
To experiment, I closed with > as per example and also closed with />. Both were correct :white_check_mark:. Does it matter which one I use, or what I should be asking is, which one should I use.
Thanking you!
Brad

Why can’t I post anything? Confused

Hey @spinach2.0, check your messages. There should be a surprise in there from discobot. You need to earn posting rights by knocking those out and engaging/reading other posts in the forum. It’s designed to make sure you know the rules and how to post before jumping straight into asking for help.

1 Like

Thanks for the help!

Didn’t read it properly the first time

2 Likes

Hi I am new to html and css ( and to coding). I am kind of confused about negative margin. What is the difference between negative margin and using margin-left/margin-right.

3 Likes

please help with this problem, im frustrated already ## My tribute page should have an element with corresponding id=“main”, which contains all other elements.

Hello, can someone please help me troubleshoot one exercise? I am on Applied Visual Design: Create a More Complex Shape Using CSS and HTML (The .heart::before/after one)

I am using Chrome on a Mac. The only error I keep getting is // running tests

The content of the heart::before selector should be an empty string.

// tests completed. Empty string = "content: " "; right?
But it’s not working. Code below:

<style>

.heart {

position: absolute;

margin: auto;

top: 0;

right: 0;

bottom: 0;

left: 0;

background-color: pink;

height: 50px;

width: 50px;

transform: rotate(-45deg);

}

.heart::after {

content: " ";

border-radius: 50%;

top: 0px;

left: 25px;

}

.heart::before {

content: ’ ';

border-radius: 50%;

top: -25px;

left: 0px;

}

</style>

<div class = “heart”></div>

I am on the first challenge and typed in (space) World after Hello between the tags. Then I pressed Run the tests. It says running tests and does nothing else. What is going on?

So on the first test yes it says to type in Hello World ive done that exactly I ran the text and it didn’t pass and put me to next one and I did it right and I even looked at the video that shows you how to do it

May I know what web browser you are using? Usually this happens with the ‘edge’ browser.

1 Like

Hey @newbiewebdeveloper, this is in the wrong section. Check your messages. There should be a surprise in there from discobot. You need to earn posting rights for the right section by knocking those out and engaging/reading other posts in the forum. It’s designed to make sure you know the rules and how to post before jumping straight into asking for help.

3 Likes

@Wrecklessjeff, try clearing your cache or using a different browser. It happened to me once before.

@Sams, try clearing your cache or using a different browser. It happened to me once before.

hello i’m new here, pls i need help in wrapping a paragraph with opening and closing main tag

1 Like

Hi @nukimoya - I think this relates to one of the ear;y HTML challenges? If so, the loose format needs to be as follows:

<main>
    <p>This is some text to illustrate where the 'p' tag should be in relation to 'main'. Please ignore the 
       </p>
    <p>single quotation marks - I used them to make sure p and main were highlighted.
       </p>
</main>

Note that you don’t actually need to close P tags (in html), but I find closing P tags makes it a little easier to follow in text editors.

1 Like

add-images-to-your-website/
wth is there wrong?

3 Likes