Advice on staying organized when coding

Hi everyone,

I’m a beginner and I just finished the all the lessons and projects for the “Responsive Web Design” certification.

If anyone has the time, I’d really appreciate feedback on my projects. Particularly, I’m interesting in any advice on how to stay organized while working. Perhaps because I’m a beginner, I find I work quite slow and waste a lot of time looking for ID labels, class labels, searching through my CSS code. Any suggestions on how to organize your code and what order to complete tasks would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Here’s my Portfolio website, which links to all other projects: https://codepen.io/emillerkay/full/jOPXdEM

The content is often silly because I’m doing this as a hobby. Thanks!

Welcome to the forums @Elissa110. I only went through the tribute page and survey form and since I was seeing a lot of the same things I figured I’d comment and you can then fix up all your projects.

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator. Just copy your HTML and paste it into the ‘Validate by Direct Input’ tab.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Don’t use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. Use margin and/or padding in CSS.
    • In some instances you get an error the way you used <br> in other instances it’s just not the correct usage.