Advice on what to learn next

Hello everyone!

I’m relatively new to coding and I started with FreeCodeCamp recently. I just completed the JS Algorithms and Data Structures Certificate and I loved it. I began work on the Responsive Web Design Certification and didn’t enjoy it as much.

I would appreciate advice for what I should learn next or what I should practice. Should I start working towards the data visualization cert or the apis and microservice cert? Maybe other resources to continue learning?

Thanks in advance!

if you don’t enjoy the front-end development then maybe focus on back-end development.
Do you know databases?
If not then learn some (SQL based and nosql based ones)

Do you know networking?
If not then learn some . (just google and keep reading till you find a good resource)

Do you know design patterns?
This is a type of advanced software development topic you can look into.

Do you want to learn a strongly typed language (like C++?) This will push you to learn more OOP and about memory management.

So much to do, so little time!
:slight_smile:

Thanks!

Do you know any good resources to start learning some of these back-end development skills? I’m already decent with SQL and other databases.

That’s great! One less thing to do!
:smile:
I can’t say that I know any good resources (I barely know anything about these subjects!) but googling usually helps you get started (that’s how I ended up here on FCC after all)

Networking:

Design Patterns:

C++:
http://www.learncpp.com/