After 1 year of coding with FCC finally I built my portfolio. Feedback Please!

Nice design – it looks like a WordPress site. It obviously works for the assignment, but when you have spare time you might want to get a bit more creative.

In your Contacts section, you’ll want to make the placeholder content a more contrasting color, for accessibility. Colorblind people have trouble reading text that is in the same color family. If you go gray on black, then the gray must be quite light.

One of the things that will make your sites lack professionalism is typos and incorrect punctuation. In the Contacts section –
“Do you have a project you want to discuss? or just want to be in touch. Let’s have a chat.” ‘Or just want to be in touch’ should also be a question, so you can either 1) capitalize ‘Or’, or 2) replace the "?’ after ‘discuss’ with a comma.

Use images of emojis for your smilies, instead of keystrokes. The emojis are more universally understood, and it’ll add some color to the section.

Not a must, but you might consider having a different colored backgrounds on your social links, The whole section, again, being black and white. I know some people like that, but my opinion is that nothing stands out that way. In marketing that’s know as your “call to action” not standing out enough.

Survey Form –

The placeholder color for Department is different. Always be consistent with a group of elements.
The first page has asterisks in the labels, but not on the second page. Since all inputs are required, leave them out.

I know some of these sound picky, but your customers are going to be picky. All of the small details matter. Your potential employers are going to be looking at your work with a very critical eye. Your work is more important than your resume.

1 Like

@JohnnyBizzel Thank you for your lovely comment, sir! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Very sharp! I will be looking closely at some of your design and CSS ideas for inspiration as I work to improve my own version of this project.
Steve

1 Like

Abd. i would suggest learning flexbox: https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/a-guide-to-flexbox/

Your CSS code is 862 lines of code for a small project like this. You can simplify it with flexbox.

1 Like

hello sir @randyman5775

thanks much for the suggestions

I made the following corrections:

Changed the placeholder text color to light gray.
Rectified the typos and punctuation mistakes.
Replaced the keystroke with emoji.
changed the background of the social media icons to their logo colors. (i need your feedback on this. could you please have a look again and advise me. Do they look better with the changed colors?)

Survey Form:

Asterisks removed.

Thanks again. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @steveg.

I think my CSS needs lots of refactoring as suggested by @michaelnicol in below comment.

If you are looking at my code and see any code repeated or any snippet that can be made short with a better alternative please inform me.

Will be glad to hear from you.

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @michaelnicol

I have used flexbox in every section of this portfolio. Perhaps I have repeated some code in every project.

After a little research, I came to know that I can simplify them by putting similar code in a class selector and giving the class name to the elements which require the same code.

If you got any other suggestion, Kindly inform me.

Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

The portfolio looks really cool. I would suggest you deploy it instead of using CodePen. That way you’ll get more attention as a serious developer. I do think your footer should be a different color cause the rest of the site has a clean design and then the footer’s black background is a bit distracting. May be choose a shade of grey if you still want it to be dark. Btw I’m from Nepal too… Best of luck!

1 Like

Looking good! Not a technical note, but I just wanted to say I loved the tone. You come across as very confident in your skills, which a lot of campers are hesitant to do when they put together thier portfolio.

You’ve got some great skills, you rightly should be confident. Anyone else reading this, don’t be afraid to take pride in what you’ve learned so far!

1 Like

This is really a very good portfolio website

I like it, Good job @Abd.Qadir :+1:t6:

1 Like

Hi @Manjilan

Happy to have your comment on my portfolio and happier to know that you are also from Nepal. :blush:

But, frankly speaking, from the very beginning, I have learned to make websites on codepen only. I want to deploy it but I don’t have all the information on how to do it. I am thinking that I should host it on Github and deploy it via GitHub pages. (I will also have to learn these though)

Could you please suggest me a better way.

I appreciate your help.

Dhanyabaad :smile: :smile:

1 Like

Thank You @JamesRea83

Your comment was a good dose of inspiration.
I will always keep it in mind. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you very much @MohannadSambo :slightly_smiling_face:

you did very well bro good work.

Thank you very much @Winas