After I sign in Curriculum signs me out - Australia & New Zealand

When I come to the website I sign in, then when I click on curriculum is signs me out and takes me to a project I’ve completed, my progress has disappeared too.

When I sign in it shows my profile page but when I click on Go To Curriculum it signs me out. Please help!

If I go to the project and sign in there it takes me to profile page, then I go to curriculum and it signs me out again leading a vicious circle.

Yes. I have the same trouble from yesterday. When I click curriculum, it shows me need to sign in. However after I click sign in, it goes to my profile page. I am so frustrated and I don’t konw how can I fix this.:worried:

Same problem for me too :frowning:

Yes have same problem

Same problem here!
Same problem here!

Yeah I did a search and all I found was use a VPN, I don’t want to use a VPN on my work computer. So maybe instead of saying the topic was answered why don’t you link me or give the answer…

1 Like

Hi @camperextraordinaire,

I’ve been searching the forum and couldn’t find an answer. Can you please post the answer here or refer to the post that has the answer?

If its the VPN solution, I wouldn’t recommend it as a proper solution as its not viable to use VPN for everyone.

1 Like

I think its a Google chrome issue. I switched to Edge and it starts working. Strange !!

1 Like

Exactly! Thank you! And this guys meant to be a moderator… Literally no help.

1 Like

Everyone else I’ve seen posted saying they’ve tried every browser plus nothing worked for me either, not even mobile.

1 Like

I tried to log in curriculum this morning and found this problem has been fixed. I’m in Australia. Hope everything is OK for all of you.

As a moderator, he might be seeing the issue being reported many times; hence the response, I guess. Let’s see if there’s a good solution for this.

Yeah I understand I can imagine theres loads of threads like this but Ive never posted before and just saying theres a solution without mentioning anything isnt helpful for anyone.

Thats fine! I don’t even expect mods to be at every post its a community everyone helps everyone, I don’t feel let down by mods I just felt let down by that particular post. A VPN isn’t a viable solution for me. I am in Australia indeed.

Do you have a rough estimate before this gets fixed? It’s been almost a week already, I have a VPN but might get into trouble through work so need to get the VPN off asap. Thanks for your help.

Hi Everyone,

We have had these reports where the signed in state of the users is not persistent on https://learn.freecodecamp.org that is our learning platform but the portfolios, settings page are still working.

This is known to be limited to users from Australia and New Zealand. We are investigating the same. At this time we do not have an ETA on a fix.

This most likely looks likes a network issue which we do not control completely, hence the delay in getting this resolved.

However, we are working on this actively with our CDN partners and vendors. We will post an update when this has been fixed.

For now the workaround is to use a VPN (OperaVPN is a free choice) and select any location outside of Australia and New Zealand.

Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Hi Everyone.

Update:

We have deployed fresh instances in the AU/NZ region to resolve these issues. Everything should be normal now.

Please let us know if you are still getting any issues. Before you report, its recommended that you hard refresh your browser / clear cookies / sign in again.

Thanks for your patience and sincerest apologies about the inconvenience and the delay during this outage.

Happy coding!

1 Like