All Code Submitted Erased, Progress still shows

Hi, i have been using FCC for a few months now. I was certain the code from my completed exercises was being saved as I progressed. However, over the past week, I noticed of all the exercises I have completed, there are none saved. All the code I submitted by selecting “Run the tests” and moving to the next topic is now gone. The only thing remaining is the radio boxes of the courses lists - they are still selected for the ones I completed. YES - I am always logged in when I do the exercises.

Hello there.

You have not asked a question, but on the topic of the freeCodeCamp curriculum: No code is saved by freeCodeCamp. What is saved is your project links for the certifications, provided you submit them.

Nothing you input in the challenge side of the curriculum is saved by fCC. The only reason you will see saved code is if your browser retains the cache of a previous session. As you say, the “radio boxes” will be the indication of which challenges you have completed.

Hope this helps.

There are two different types of saved progress for Free Code Camp: your profile and your browser cache.

A list of your completed challenges is saved to your account in the FCC database. You can see the list of completed challenges by looking at your public portfolio. With a growing curriculum already over 1,400 lessons and a community of millions of people, FCC does not store every solution to every challenge in its database. When you complete a challenge, there is a modal that gives you the option to download your solution. This gives you the option to save a copy of any solution that you may want to reference later. There are some challenges which are classified as projects required for certifications. Your solutions to those can be viewed on your settings page.

Your in-editor code is saved in your browser’s local storage. Recent in-progress code from the challenge editor is also saved in your local browser cache when you run tests. If you are completing lessons and do not see your recent code, then your local storage has been cleared or something is preventing FCC from writing to your browser’s storage. This could be a browser setting, a privacy extension, or a browser version incompatibility. Especially as you get to more complicated challenges that may take multiple sessions, I strongly recommend saving your in-progress work outside of the browser cache.

This is a good opportunity to learn the ins and outs of your GitHub account, but you can also just save locally or use a service like repl.it which allows for versioning.

Okay, thank you, I understand.

Okay, thank you for the detailed response.