Am I ready for a job? Please review my portfolio

Hey @camperextraordinaire could you share your fav blogs like the common webpage design mistakes link you posted?

I wouldnt say you need to make it super descriptive, as to exactly what you made and what you didnt.

But if i was to reference my own work, I would simply structure my projects as.

======================
PROJECT 1
This is my app project which in cludes…

• created as part of my Javascript course by “insert course”

Its good for mployers to also know what resources you use to study so it doesnt hinder you.

At the end of the day if you can demonstrate if you understand a pattern/problem and can explain it well, regardless of it being your code or not, that is a valuable akill.

Obviously you are expected to be able to code, but reading/explaining existing code is a skill which is commonly overlooked.

3 Likes

What you are saying it makes sense to me, it helped me keep things in perspective.
Cheers, mate for your prompt response.

This is a great idea! Because as you said, I made sure to understand the logic of the whole code, otherwise I wouldn’t use it on my portfolio.

But just to clarify, I never claimed I designed those projects, in the Natour project I clearly stated it’s Jonas’s design. However I did learn how to do all those CSS animations/tricks thanks to his course, so I think it’s valid I can use that to show future employers what I can do with CSS, because I know how to do all those things now.