Android app developement

I am interested in developing android apps… I do it using android studio and stuff. I have made some basic apps for some hackathons etc. I want to know how i can design the UI for the apps. Are there any frameworks available.? Are there any tutorials available for doing it in android studio.? Suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Have you checked out Material Design?

https://material.io/guidelines/

https://material.io/guidelines/platforms/android.html

Yes i have once… But cant really understand how to incorporate in android studio and use those in coding the app.

Yes indeed there are many frameworks available to develop for android! If you like react there is react native. If you like vue.js there is weex. The good thing about these options is that you can use js ui frameworks for both android and ios and your app will run fast like native. Otherwise, there is java or go that works with Android too but these I don’t use much for ui. I am using weex which is awesome because I can leverage vue.js for the ui and it is simple just build my js file copy the bundle to my android asset folder and build apk or run app.

Thanks… I will check it out.

Here is the list of courses available on Udemy. Some are free, some are not–look around.

Here are the Udacity offerings for Android; a few might be free, but most are for pay.

Here are Coursera courses. They’re all free, unless you want a certificate–then they cost money. But if you need it, you can ask for a waiver.

Here’s the Edx list. Like Coursera, free, unless you need a cert.

Coursera and Edx courses are posted by colleges and universities or professors at the same; this is not necessarily true of Udemy or Udacity courses.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing!

you can learn some tactics and framework from the website https://developer.android.com/courses. Hope it will help you to build an application in different frameworks.

If I understand correctly, you are looking for an interactive ‘drag and drop’ type of program to design the UIs for your apps. From there you plan to build the apps using Android Studio.

If this is correct, look into Adobe UX. It was designed for this exact purpose. I use it all the time and I love it.

Yes, Here is the list of Best Android Frameworks for App Development
Ionic Android Framework. What is Ionic Framework?
React Native Android Framework
Flutter Android Framework
Native Android Framework
Xamarin Android Framework
NativeScript Android Framework
JQuery Mobile Android Framework
Framework7 Android Framework

You can check out this blog for more information

Do you know about installing android studio but then theres an error “HAXM” Ive tried many different videos… Thanks

Android app development frameworks are as follows-
Android Native
Corona SDK
JQuery
Ionic
Flutter
Native Script
React native
Appcelerator Titanium

And you can learn android studio through on Coursera, Udemy, android developer training courses.

id like to know if you are open to reviewing and maybe talking i dont have time to spend on learning on my own and would like to learn with others to maybe learn faster. I tried tutorials and they dont turn out the tutorials i find are in YT but maybe thats the problem like u mentioned where to go to learn im grateful to get that information. Im going to try them out aswell.