Anyone into deep learning?

I have come across this free course on Artificial Intelligence.

Deep Learning Prerequisites: The Numpy Stack in Python

The Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, and Matplotlib stack: prep for deep learning, machine learning, and artificial intelligence

21,908 students enrolled

The course is Free to enroll!

http://goo.gl/c8apnl

I am currently doing this free course ($79 if you want a certificate).

The teacher is a recognized leader in the field, and the course is considered one of the best, if not the best, on the web.

S/W required is MatLab or Octave. Octave is free, and there is free version of MatLab for use in the course.

Some basic math skills (linear algebra, 1st year calculus at least) are an absolute prerequisite to get anything serious out of the course.

1 Like

i was going to post the same thing. Andrew Ng is an amazing teacher, the founder of Coursera and the last I read, one of the brains behind the google brain project (not sure if that’s still the case). The AI course posted above looks good for catching up on some specific technologites, but if folks need an intro the machine learning course from stanford cannot be beat.

1 Like

I am currently doing my MSc in mathematics with focus on Deep Learning. Been offered a full time position as a Deep Learning Engineer. My journey started with Andrew Ng’s course. Couldn’t recommend it more. However it is quite outdated and touches merely ~10% of the subject. Reproducing the code in Python is a good approach for learning.

Nice to hear that :slight_smile:

couldn’t agree more…