Applied Accessibility: Use Headings to Show Hierarchical Relationships of Content

Getting this error: “Your code should have six h3 tags.”

What am I doing wrong?
Here is my code:

<h1>How to Become a Ninja</h1>
<main>
  <h2>Learn the Art of Moving Stealthily</h2>
  <p>How to Hide in Plain Sight</p>
  <p>How to Climb a Wall</p>

<h2>Learn the Art of Battle</h2>
  <p>How to Strengthen your Body</p>
  <p>How to Fight like a Ninja</p>

<h2>Learn the Art of Living with Honor</h2>
  <p>How to Breathe Properly</p>
  <p>How to Simplify your Life</p>
</main>

we can’t see your code
use three backticks in the line above the code and in the line below the code like this
```
put code here
```

also pls put a link to the challenge

Yes, please in the future do as Randell says.

In regards to your code, the instructions say:

Camper Cat wants a page on his site dedicated to becoming a ninja. Help him fix the headings so his markup gives semantic meaning to the content, and shows the proper parent-child relationships of his sections. Change all the h5 tags to the proper heading level to indicate they are subsections of the h2 ones.

But you have changed the the h5 tags in the original to p tags. The point of the exercise is to show a hierarchy. p tags do not have a hiarchy and are not titles or subtitles but are for the lowest level paragraph text. To show a hierachy, you need the next level down of header tag, as the instructions specifically say “the proper heading level to indicate they are subsections of the h2 ones.” What is the next level down from h2? We have h1 for the title, h2 for the subtitle, what comes next? The test fail message “Your code should have six h3 tags.” is a pretty obvious hint.

Please let us know if this does not answer your questions sufficiently.

Thank you! changed my p tags to h3, and it worked!
Sorry for my rookie-mistake guys! :sweat_smile:

No need to apologize. We’ve all made mistakes like this.

1 Like