Applied Visual Design: Set the font-size for Multiple Heading Elements

the output is not registering that the h6 font size of 14px is continually being marked incorrect when i put it in

when you have a question related to a challenge, please provide your code and challenge link. and as many details as you can. It is extremely difficult otherwise.

In this particular case, if you put a dimension of 14px and the font size is not recognised as such, it may be that your browser has a minimum font size set higher than that - this is a thing you need to change in browser settings.

I’m having the same issue:

I’m struggling with the “Applied Visual Design: Set the font-size for multiple heading elements” challenge. I’ve watched the video, and my code looks the same as the video, but I’m getting an error about my h6 font-size not being 14 (despite the value being 14.)

Can someone help? I cannot see what I’m missing but I know I’m missing something.

<style>

h1 {
font-size: 68px;}

h2 {
font-size: 52px;}

h3 {
font-size: 40px;}

h4 {
font-size: 32px;}

h5 {
font-size: 21px;}

h6 {
font-size: 14px;}

</style>

<h1>This is h1 text</h1>

<h2>This is h2 text</h2>

<h3>This is h3 text</h3>

<h4>This is h4 text</h4>

<h5>This is h5 text</h5>

<h6>This is h6 text</h6>

Challenge: Set the font-size for Multiple Heading Elements

Link to the challenge:

• Are you using a phone, tablet, laptop?
  • Which browser?
  • Did you try refreshing the page and submitting again?

Out of curiosity: If you change the <h6> font size, do you see any change in the size?

Hi @_ohhellolb,

Your code is fine and passes for me and therefore cannot be the issue.
See if Ieahleen’s suggestion about browser settings helps you, if not, using a different browser for this challenge might help you to pass it.

I’m on my laptop using a safari browser. I’ve tried refreshing and submitting and still receive the same error that my

is wrong.
I did try changing the font to other sizes (thank you for the suggestion) - it does change sizes in the preview window. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong - I’ve tried maximizing my screen in case it had something to do with that - still nothing.

Hello @trix19, thank you for your suggestion. I just tried completing the lesson in Chrome and it worked!

Thank you @misterbodon for your help as well!

1 Like

That’s a mistery, BUT…
you could try to pass the challenge in any other device (to get the job done), or just skip it, if you don’t mind the ticks in the curriculum…

It only matters your learning. On the positive side of things, you’re learning how difficult is to deal with browsers…

some browsers seem to have a minimum font size setting that make this kind of challenges a nightmare - because the browser overwrite what you wrote and bring it to their setted minimum font size

you could check that out in the settings of your browser

1 Like