Asking for feedback: Part 2

Claimed my first certificate last night. I have a feeling there will be a lot of “what the?” coming from anyone who takes the time to look over my code, but I am in dire need of real criticism. The code itself and how I presented it worries me. I want it to be clean as hell before I move onto JavaScript.

Note: I need to change a TON of p tags into h tags… but in due time. I did this for quick design purposes.

Mobile Suit Gundam Product Landing
Portfolio

1 Like

Hi @VedaDev27, your pages look okay but there are things you need to go back and revisit. I only looked at the two pages (Product Landing & Portfolio) that you provided links to. I did not look at your Tribute or Survey but you more than likely have the same errors so you should revisit those pages too.

On both of your pages;

• codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • in the HTML section you have invalid HTML elements. There are some instances where you have elements that aren’t valid children.
    • in the CSS section you have things to clean up
  • don’t use the <br> tag to force spacing. Instead, use margin and/or padding in CSS.
1 Like

@Roma Awesome, thank you for your feedback. I greatly appreciate it. You are right to assume my Tribute and Survey have the same errors.

Update: I just used Codepen’s ‘Analyze’ tool for the first time… This is going to help me so much in the future. Thanks for pointing this out!