Assignment with a Returned Value Will not "Run the test"

Tell us what’s happening:
Whenever I am ready to “Run the Tests” The button seems dead and there is no response to tell me if I am correct or not. Its as if it is a dead link. I have refreshed the page and cleared my code several times and have clicked “Run the Tests”. It only seems to go dead once I start to write out my answer. Anyone having the same issue?

Your code so far

// Example
var changed = 0;

function change(num) {
  return (num + 5) / 3;
}

changed = change(10);

// Setup
var processed = 0;

function processArg(num) {
  return (num + 3) / 5;
}

// Only change code below this line
processed = processedArg(7);

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.181 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-javascript/assignment-with-a-returned-value/

I don’t know if this will solve your problem, but you have a typo between processArg and processedArg

2 Likes

Youre right and when I fixed it I get the check mark but sometimes the “Run the Tests” button doesn’t run any tests and I don’t know if its because I am wrong or if it just isn’t responding. I would like it to rerun the test everytime I click “Run the tests”

Have you tried to console.log and look what’s happening in devtools? The freecodecamp console won’t show you anything but their results.

1 Like

Hi @Livezigzagging,

Try another web browser because some browser not working in some examples, so if you stuck, try Chrome browser or Firefox browser or Edge browser.

Regards,
Ali Mosaad

Good idea Ill have a look.

@ali-admin I am using Chrome an prefer it to other browsers. Thanks for the tip however, I may convert to Firefox.

i am having the same issue. i have tried other browsers, and it works once in a while but in general if i type something it will not run.