Basic javascript: Word Blanks... instructions are confusing

Basic javascript: Word Blanks... instructions are confusing

are the directions telling me to provide 8 variables for the function? (the dog…and the cat, 4 each). The directions are ambiguous.
I mean, the JS itself is fairly simple. I can write working code that’ll run in brackets or the chrome developer, but FCC is looking for something very specific. The directions, like 3/4 of all the other problems read like they’re written by someone who didn’t take the time to convey expectations. I could have completed the entire course by now but 90% of my effort is spent on parsing the directions.

function wordBlanks(myNoun, myAdjective, myVerb, myAdverb) {
// Your code below this line
var result = " ";
result += " my " + myNoun + " is " + myAdjective + " and he "+ myVerb + " very " +myAdverb;

// Your code above this line
return result;
}

// Change the words here to test your function
wordBlanks(“dog”, “big”, “ran”, “quickly”);

What am I misunderstanding , given this code…BTW, I’m not using curly quotes. The problem wants me to pass in 8 string literals into 4 function variables. Are we supposed to loop through the function twice?

If you can be more specific about what information you think is missing or inaccurate in the challenge, someone can address it.

thanks for the quick response.
the following is what I get when I run the code above:

wordBlanks(“dog”, “big”, “ran”, “quickly”) should contain all of the passed in words separated by non-word characters (and any additional words in your madlib).

wordBlanks(“cat”, “little”, “hit”, “slowly”) should contain all of the passed in words separated by non-word characters (and any additional words in your madlib).

// tests completed

Don’t forget the requirment that all the words be surrounded by spaces.

oh crap, that was it…lol…
thanks

Glad to help. Happy coding.