Basic Navagation Tutorial

I wasn’t really sure where to put this but I guess this would be the best place. I was wondering why there isn’t a basic navigation tutorial when you’re starting HTML/CSS. Or I’m just saying freeCodeCamp should add it for their tutorials.

Thats all, thanks.

You can always find it on official BS site… no point repeating it here

I just thought it would be a good idea for freeCodeCamp to put it in their tutorials. Or at least have a link to what you sent me. It would make the campers better prepared for the projects they have to do for the 'Basic Front End Development Projects".

Personally, I don’t think it’s a good idea. It will be spoon-feeding.

If you look at the User Story requirement, it does NOT require you to use Bootstrap. It just says:

>> navigate to different sections of the webpage by clicking buttons in the navigation.

You can use BS if you want (ver 3 or 4), or use another CSS framework, or roll your own. One can just as easily create a their own navigation bar using ul and li HTML tags and CSS styling.

It’s really up to you to Read-Search-Ask and just style your own portfolio page (and navigation bar) what you think will be attractive and impressive to an HR recruiter. After all, it is your own portfolio page.

I guess the point is, as your skills improve, you’ll go back to this earlier portfolio page you created, dump it, recreate it, rewrite it and continuously improve it based on new stuff and skills you’ll learn.

1 Like