Best VPN? Any Reviews?

I use Arch exclusively, but in the future I might need to install Windows for something and it’d be nice to have the VPN service that works great for both. If the VPN service has it’s own binary that unofficially works on Arch, that’s a super plus bonus.
Thanks in advance!

Edit: I`d google and found this guide at mullvadvpn
Free code for the first month 587157540565ef3f4852ff9b1779d7d4

1 Like

I’ve been using Private Internet Access for almost a year now and have been very happy with it. It’s fast and allows manual selection of a variety of servers around the US and the rest of the world. Last year they had a sale on Black Friday, so I’d recommend waiting until Black Friday for a sale again, if you don’t need to buy one right now.

I tried CyberGhost before using PIA and didn’t like it as much, it was slower and didn’t have manual server selection (only automatic).

Personally I am really liking NordVPN. It is a paid service but well worth the money. They have a lot of servers around the world, support streaming, have an awesome and responsive servicedesk and best of all, a no log policy. That last part is something that is being overlooked to often and basically means that your VPN isn’t private at all since the logs will tell exactly what, where and how long you did something.

They also have several other benefits like double VPN, Onion routing (join the Onion network without installing additional software) en secure browsing features.

Highly recommended (and just to clarify; even though it might sound like a big commercial, I have no relationship to/with NordVPN other then being a happy customer)

2 Likes

I heard about NordVPN, usually people like it, so I’m also going to try it. Also I checked ExpressVPN, and I should say, it was also good, I noted that all IP addresses weren’t blacklisted, and it is not expensive. The only thing I didn’t like about it was that there was only one IP for each country. Does NordVPN offer more? Thanks in advance!

Oh yes, NordVPN has a lot of servers in the countries they serve. You can select a country you want to to connect to and you can even select the server in that country you want to connect to. This allows for a lot of different IP addresses to be used.

Using Nord and Express both. I use them for separate purposes, Nord for streaming and express for torrenting. They both are great but have expertise of providing some great service in their respective domains. Another provider which is news and getting some good reviews is surfshark. A new entrant but ill wait for some more reviews. Secondly Black Friday is very near and all the exciting deals will be on offer. People have already started writing blogs already

For me the best is PureVPN. I had really great experience with this VPN service. Here is some reviews of PureVPN.

PureVPN Reviews 2018

Use FastestVPN, I have been using it on my Android and iOS mobile, perfectly working and speed is way better then other VPNs
I recently visited their site they are offering 92% discount on 5 year plan cost just $49.95
Here is the deal link: Black Friday VPN Deals

For windows there are tons of services and for privacy reasons its best to invest small amount to get a premium one. I just go 89% off from these black friday vpn deals the most important thing is the use of right security option when online

I have seen too many VPN providers that offer Black Friday deals, but I am confused as most of them are same, but their prices are still too high. I just want a VPN to access few restricted sites and for that why should I pay such huge amount. Finally, I found the cheapest deal of FastestVPN they are offering 92% discount on 5 Year plan cost just $49.95 really an amazing deal to opt

Here is the deal link: https://fastestvpn.com/buy-vpn

By the way, Nord and Express are best, so there shouldn’t be blacklisted IP issues. However, you can examine Surf Shark as well. It is on deal at the moment due to Black Friday. You can check it and see if it is feasible for you: https://www.vpnranks.com/black-friday-vpn-deals/

I’ve been using PureVPN for almost a year now and have been very happy with it. It’s fast and allows manual selection of a variety of servers around the US and the rest of the world. Last year they had a sale on New Year, so I’d recommend waiting until New Year for a sale again, if you don’t need to buy one right now.

Edit: Just got a link to their deal 88% off (1.32/month) which can be seen here https://www.purevpn.com/order

Hi,

There are many factors which you should take into consideration while choose the best VPN service but looking through many vpn review sites it looks like expressvpn and nordvpn are the best solutions. But I wouldn’t trust much to these sites as the ratings is based on the editor’s score only, so the owner of the sites may get some compensation for advertising these two. The only site I found more or less “honest” is VPNhint (https://www.vpnhint.com/best-vpn-services/) in regards of the best VPNs, the thing is that their overall score depends from combination of editor’s and user’s score, so looks like the more/less truth. Another good thing about vpnhint is that they have a side-by-side vpn comparison chart, can be useful for beginners. I personally use hidemyass for about 2 years and couldn’t face any serious issues.

I’d be addressing both Willie and Paul. I guess there’s no one answer to this. I’ve seen different VPNs topping the charts on different websites. You might find one VPN excellent for streaming while the same might not be able to provide a better ping or something. My personal experience has been the best with Ivacy but I’ve also used other providers and most of them have been pretty decent. If it narrows it down for you, my use is usually browsing and unblocking apps/sites/streaming.

If you’re serious about privacy I strongly recommend AirVPN. It has a community of mostly technology geeks. The UI/UX is only so-so and they don’t even do marketing (paying for VPN review sites for example) so it is not popular. But it provides anything you need to protect your data like strong encryption, kill switch, SSL tunneling, based off a country where by laws they can refuse the police should they be asked for user data…

NordVpn is above all other competitors its the best .

1 Like

TunnelBear is a must!

NordVPN… it happens to fail

I tried several vpn services. I used Sahrzad when I was in UAE to unblock Skype from my hotel and access blocked sites. My friend who lives in China now uses vpnprivacy service. It works good to unblock Youtube, facebook, google and others. Now I am using smart dns service from Aeroshield to watch UK tv - BBC iplayer. Today there are many good vpn providers. All depends on your needs.

1 Like

Yeah i have also been using it’s china vpn service since i have been in China. Connecting to US servers and the rest around the world with ease and surf whatever i want to…
They got good review at trustpilot.

When you use Psiphon VPN it has a “smart location” function where it selects the server it wants to use outside of mainland China, or you can select a different server location from a list of quite a few around the world to connect with, which I do use one of the three Los Angeles servers.