BETA.freecodecamp.com

Hello to everyone!
I started “Responsive Web Design” certification on beta.fcc.com. After I end “Basic HTML and HTML5”, I’d try to update my email (at the begining I use to sign up my githab profile), and after that all my progress has been reset. Can someone help me? What do I need to do in this situation? Or this is norm for BETA?

Note that none of your progress on the beta site will be transferred to the “real” site when the curriculum is officially updated. So I wouldn’t worry about the lost progress. Also, only the challenges with an asterisk behind the name (on the map) are required for the certifications. I would recommend to save the solutions to those challenges somewhere locally.

4 Likes

Thank’s a lot!
Yes, you are definetly right!

Hi Ben,
I’m a total newbie on fCC. Will the meta curriculum I’m working in be updated once the beta testing has been completed, or is the beta version going to be offered separately?
Thanks,
CAG111

The current curriculum will be replaced by the beta.

Is there an ETA when the curriculum will be changed?

DANG!

Note that none of your progress on the beta site will be transferred to the “real” site when the curriculum is officially updated. So I wouldn’t worry about the lost progress. Also, only the challenges with an asterisk behind the name (on the map) are required for the certifications. I would recommend to save the solutions to those challenges somewhere locally.

I have been redoing the curriculum from 0

challenges and projects…

so far im still in the js certification (2nd)

I was really hoping that I could do more! like even get to backend!!!

You can. The purpose of every challenge before the main projects is just to teach your how to do the main projects, so losing them isn’t really meaningful.
The main projects can be saved separately, and learning how to setup your environment is quite difficult and necessary in a real world development cycle, so if you have the time i highly recommend saving your projects locally or on github, it’s what i’m doing for beta. When the new version comes along i can just copy paste or link the codepen.

2 Likes

I totally agree, I am only doing challenge myself because I wanted to review sort of like ANKI, I will definitely follow your lead @Selhar1

1 Like

another way to look at it @tommygebru is to think of all the amazing learning you are doing…

I’ve gone through exercises a few times and it doesn’t hurt to redo and/or learn stuff at a deeper level…

2 Likes

No worries, I code on and off and so redoing the challenges are a must, I had problems redoing the old challenges Record Collection and Profile Lookup, Just the Basics!! :smile:

When are te beta challenges going to be pushed to the official site? And will my profile reset once they do push it or can I just do the challenges once the beta goes into the official site?

Any progress on the beta will be lost once the new material goes live.

I think, there is no problem. Just save your project’s.

1 Like