Big Data/Data Science!

Hello everyone,
What will be the best steps for learners who is new to data science? Moreover feel free to share your thoughts about the site www.datacamp.com if you had any prior experience with it!

Thanks.

2 Likes

I’ve used Data Camp before and I think it is a nice place to start. This is especially true now with all the variety of courses they have now.

Best steps for new learners is a common question that gets asks many and many times over. With that, you get a variety of answers. Some say, start with foundational work (e.g. study statistics and linear algebra). Others say go for applied work.

I’m on team applied work, which means pick a programming language typically used in data science (R or Python, doesn’t really matter when starting out, but if you have local peers, just use what they are using), and then go through tutorials on how to analyze data.

Although designed for the R programming language, I think this book has valuable principles of data science analyses and workflows that are transferable between programming laguages.

I personally don’t like Data Camp but this doesn’t mean it is not an option. I replied to other person suggesting my preferences here: Data science using python

LEARN BIG DATA WITH THE HELP OF STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE

Are you looking for a relevant source to learn big data? If yes, then are you aware of the step-by-step procedure for learning data science? If your answer is no, then we promise you that after reading this article till the end, you will feel confident about advancing towards the first step for learning it. So, not wasting your time, here are the steps for accomplishing your task.

1. So, before starting to learn Big Data, you have to keep in mind the prerequisites.
  2. So, you should have a basic knowledge of Operating System, Networking, and either of the languages - JAVA, SCALA, PYTHON, and SQL is mandatory.
  3. Along with that, learning the Distributed FileSystem and Distributed programming is mandatory for all the beginners.
  4. After that, you have to learn about the GFS Paper and along with that, the MapReduce Paper.
  5. Now, it’s the time to learn about the HDFS and then make sure that you have practiced enough commands.
  6. Then, learn about the MAPREDUCE along with the DAG execution and also about the RDD.
  7. Now, practice some stuff in the field of the Spark Core and along with that, you have to learn it by file access from HDFS.
  8. Moreover, the next thing to learn is the NoSQL and the Stream Computation with the help of Spark Streaming.
  9. You can take some help from the various MOOCs about big data tutorial, which is given on popular websites like Coursera, Udemy, and Udacity, etc.

hello
even me i switched to data science few months back and now i am happy with my idea of switching it. The institute which i join to learn data science provides soo much help on learning data science and they also give opportunity for live projects which helps your skills alot.

1 Like

That sounds great! Is your institute available online for recommendation to others, by chance?