Books on way to work

Books on way to work

Hi there Campers!

Do you recommend any books about programming that doesn’t require coding? My way to work takes me around an hour so it’s two hours per day I can spare more wisely than just listing to music. Problem is I can’t code in the mean time as it’s uncomfortable to carry laptop around but ebook reader is just perfect. :slight_smile:

If there is no any programming related books worth reading then maybe you know some life changing books? Personal development or something like this? I read The Slight Edge and read about half of Think and Grow Rich (haven’t finished it because it’s not an easy book to read) :slight_smile:

Cheers! :slight_smile:

I would suggest this article: https://medium.freecodecamp.com/being-a-developer-after-40-3c5dd112210c#.smz7upcxq, few books are mentioned ( I have read some of them and they were quite good).

I would also add:
Coders at work - [byPeter Seibel]

From time to time it’s hard to read, but I quite enjoyed reading it.

Try reading “The Pragmatic Programmer”. I am not sure if you can get it as an e-book but it’s the best non-code book for coders I have read so far.

Thanks! It looks interesting! :slight_smile: And yeah it is availble in ebook format. In my native language too what makes it way cheaper :slight_smile:

What is your native language?

For a non-programming book, hands down: The War of Art by Steven Pressfield. I have the Audible version and am listening to it for the third time right now.

@gwenf My native language is Polish :slight_smile: I’m not born English speaker and I don’t live in English speaking country :slight_smile:

@gordon2012 Thanks, going to check it out :slight_smile: