Bootstrap for project

Hello campers, I have just started working on my portfolio project and would like to know if using bootstrap is a compulsion or not. For starters, I am new to bootstrap and it would consume at least a few days in understanding to quite a level. Please tell if it is necessary or can I do it without it(using media queries).BTW, I have already spent 5 days with this project and I am looking to complete it asap. Thank You!!

If I remember correctly, the video on the old one said something about being free to use any libraries we want. On the beta site it says:

You can use HTML, JavaScript, and CSS to complete this project. Plain CSS is recommended because that is what the lessons have covered so far and you should get some practice with plain CSS. You can use Bootstrap or SASS if you choose. Additional technologies (just for example jQuery, React, Angular, or Vue) are not recommended for this project, and using them is at your own risk. Other projects will give you a chance to work with different technology stacks like React. We will accept and try to fix all issue reports that use the suggested technology stack for this project. Happy coding

I think understanding the basics of Bootstrap are expected nowadays. It’s part of what you’re supposed to be learning. That’s my $.02.

Thanks Kevin, btw sorry for the late reply…