Bootstrap Grid Issues

Edit by Moderator: This post was originally a private flag directed at the moderators. I have opened it up for public discussion.

Hi, I’m not sure where to ask for help, but I am stuck on this lesson. I have the same lines of code as the 2 examples but I am still getting error messages. I must have reread the code 50 times.
Please help.

Thanks

Would you like a screenshot?

1 Like

Hi, thanks for checking out our forums! If you need help in an area, please ask your question in a new thread, instead of replying to the wiki or flagging us. The wiki is for discussing solutions that already work, and flagging us is to show inappropriate or spam posts that need to be addressed by the staff. By posting a question in a thread on our forum, anyone can answer, and it will be much easier to receive help. So, let me show you how to do that, and then you can post your question for everyone to see!

First, choose the help category from the menu like this:

You will then see that you are in the help category, and then you will want to start a new topic:

Now, ask your question for everyone to look at in the box:

Also, when asking a question for help, try to explain what you are doing and provide us example code so we can see what you are doing wrong. You can copy your code, and paste it on our forum using backticks (example below). This is generally easier to see than a screenshot.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

markdown_Forums

I hope this explains how to use our forums better, please ask your questions in a topic instead of flagging us, so we staff can focus on resolving important issues, and the community can help you!

As an extra tip, check your capitalization and spelling in your code, especially around the word button - that might be your problem. :smiley:

Thank you Issac, very much appreciated. You were right about the Capital Button, that fixed one of the errors. But I still have a Div closing tab error. Ill keep looking, maybe its my 51 year old eyes.:laughing:

1 Like

Haha, I think all programmers struggle with stupid little issues like this all the time. I suggest running a linter on your code, and using all available color highlighting. You can do a google search for HTML linters, and you can probably find one that will spot those hidden syntax things.

Issac,

I appreciate you taking the time to help a complete stranger, but I must remind you that up until 5 days ago I didn’t even know what the word CSS and HTMl was. I am a complete neophyte with ZERO programming knowledge and just trying to follow the lessons on this website.

I had to copy the answer from the hint section on lesson 60 because I had no idea on how to complete this particular lesson.

As you suggested, I looked up “Linter” on Google and tried pasting my copied answer code into an online software called Xyxon and apparently I have 19 errors that I have no clue what they mean. I think I may be way of of my dept here.

Issac,

Its me again, sorry to bother you AGAIN. I am now even more confused because lesson 60 says that I fixed the bug. Please look at my screenshot. Does that look like a column to you?

Thanks, glad you found me helpful! Congratulations on getting started, thanks for letting us know you are just getting started, we’ll try to keep that in mind!

If you are just starting, it probably is a little out of your league, but having a tool or another programming check your work over can definitely help you find subtle bugs like that.

Don’t worry, you’re not bothering me! Hmm, this looks to me like you have the row with 3 columns, but for some reason, the third is pushed off the line. This could be a bug with freeCodeCamp or your browser, but most likely it’s something else hidden in your code. Here’s what I’m going to do. I’ll open this up to the public, as I am going to be pretty busy and some others can help you. Then if you can tell us what exercise you are on, as well as giving us your entire code (press Ctrl + A, Ctrl + C, and then Ctrl + V on our forums like I showed above). This way we can see exactly what is going on!