Browser continues to cache. Can anyone help me understand why?

I’m redoing my projects from Free Code Camp and I’m trying to remove all instances of jQuery from my code in favor of vanilla JS. Here I am switching from a $.ajax() to fetch() and I am having a hard time setting the cache to “false”. I went on the MDN website to look at the API for fetch() but I’m clearly missing something. Any help is greatly appreciated. This is my code so far, every time I click the quoteButton I intend for a different quote to be loaded however it is continually loading the same quote.

quoteButton.addEventListener('click',function getQuote() {
  fetch(url, {cache: "no-store"})
    .then((response) => {
      return response.json();
    })
    .then((response) => {
      console.log(response);
    });
});

Check the network tab in your console, is the header being applied?

@BacksSlash092 Here is what my network tab looks like. There are three requests. The first request is the first time I push the “quote button”. As you can see the second time I push the button it get’s the data from the cache. I right clicked that “disk cache” area and cleared the cache and pushed the button a third time and I got a new quote. It doesn’t look like the {cache: 'no-store'} object I pass into the fetch request is having any effect. I’ve also tried defining a headers object and passing it in that way as well but the result is still the same.

After much searching I just did the conventional workaround and added a timestamp to the url as caching is by url so each request has a different url.

quoteButton.addEventListener('click',function getQuote() {
  fetch(url + ((/\?/).test(url) ? "&" : "?") + (new Date()).getTime())
    .then((response) => {
      return response.json();
    })
    .then((response) => {
      console.log(response);
    });
});