Bug in API Project: URL Shortener Microservice test

Hello,

I stumbled upon this whilst working on the url shortener microservice. I realized that any made up project url I submit passes the test.

Maybe you already know about this or someone has already brought to your attention. In that case don’t mind me :sweat_smile:.

Definitely a known issue. Hopefully all users understand that links which don’t go to a live demo and a code repository, respectively, will cause the project to ultimately be rejected after an audit by fCC. And, hopefully, all users have read the Academic Honesty Policy, particularly this part…

“I pledge that I did not plagiarize any of my freeCodeCamp.org work. I understand that freeCodeCamp.org’s team will audit my projects to confirm this.”

1 Like

Academic Honesty pledges aside, this means I can’t use the FCC tests to determine whether or not my implementation of this project is working properly. I usually run them while my project is still a work in progress to see which tests pass and which ones fail. If everything is going to automatically pass that’s not great.

1 Like

It’s hard to disagree with that.

Yup, was super excited to see I passed my first try. Then looked at my database and it was empty. So I re-ran the check with a bogus URL and it still passes lol. I put my link back in and hit submit again so hopefully FCC has the correct one in my records. Anyway, it seems to do all that was expected…
https://url-shortener-fcc1.glitch.me/

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.