Bug in Technical Documentation Page test

Dear Campers,
I have completed the technical documentation page project. However I spent over a week trying to figure out what’s wrong with my code because it failed to pass one test when I resize the browser window to the size of a mobile device. I also noticed that the page provided by free code camp as an example fails to pass the test too on mobile device. You can check it here
Technical Documentation Page

Is this a bug?

Thank you for helping make FCC better. Bugs can be reported as GitHub Issues. Whenever reporting a bug, please check first that there isn’t already an issue for it and provide as much detail as possible.

Hi @nibble, if the failing test you’re referring to is in the layout the “failing” test tells you why. It says;
" On regular sized devices (laptops, desktops), the element with id=“navbar” should be shown on the left half of the screen."
It further says;
“Please run this test in a larger window (before any media queries)”

This test is not meant to pass on mobile devices. If any of the tests fail you can click on the red button and get an explanation of why the test failed and what you need to do to help troubleshoot.

1 Like

I will agree with @Roma . i just tested the template and it passes without an issue for me (on PC). Post a link to your project if you think it should pass and are still having issues.

Thanks @Roma, for sure i think it is not meant to pass on mobile devices.

1 Like

It doesn’t pass the test when the browser window has been narrowed to the size of a mobile device. I was trying to make it pass even after resizing the window.