Build a Personal Portfolio Webpage Completed

Hi Haley,

Thank you for the feedback! It is much appreciated. Yes, I did build my portfolio from the ground up and at one point I was overwhelmed much like you are currently. After watching some videos on Treehouse and doing freeCodeCamp challenges I was able to complete my Tribute Page, but when it came to my Portfolio Project I didn’t feel I had enough knowledge, so I started on my search and then purchase Colt Steele’s Web Developer Bootcamp. After finishing the HTML5, CSS3 and Bootstrap 3 portions of the Front-end part of the course I felt that I should take another shot at making my Portfolio and that is what I made. I just used the knowledge I gained from the course, referenced the projects that I made, did a little research, and was able to complete the freeCodeCamp Portfolio Project. I started Colt’s course on March 20th and completed my Portfolio on April 11th. You can read more about my journey on my Portfolio in the About section and check out my Codepen for my 1st try which was not good or complete at all. Being overwhelmed from my first try propelled me to get Colt’s course. Here is a link to Colt’s Web Developer Bootcamp course if you would like to check it out. Colt Steele’s Web Development Bootcamp. Hope this helps! And thanks again!

Cheers :smiley:

Awesome work, i am still struggling, will gain knowledge from your work. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your feedback! I recommend seeking some courses outside of freeCodeCamp to help you out. Please check out my previous reply for a link to Colt Steele’s Web Development Bootcamp. Just remember to take one step at a time and you will get there. Every step forward is a success! Thanks again and let me know if you have any questions about my code. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Hey Matt, i have a question. How did you implement the screenshots/thumbnails in the Portfolio Section? Did you upload the img in to a cloud or a server? Cheers! P.s. do you have a linked account?

1 Like

Hey MarCodeMetz,

I uploaded my thumbnails to Google Drive and then used gdURL to create a direct link to the pic. Linking from Google Drive directly will not work, so you need gdURL to help you if you want to do it this way. Here is a video that I watched on YouTube that helped me learn how to do this. Here is also a link to gdURL. I have recently purchased hosting though and will be changing all this for myself soon and will be uploading them to my server. I think having your own hosting is the best way because there are more flexibility and control over your content, so this is why I am changing. Hope this helps!

Yes, I do have Linkedin and you are more than welcome to add me. Matt Dolan

Where are you located? In the USA or elsewhere?

Cheers!

Hey Matt, Thanks for these great tips! I really appreciate it! Currently I live in Germany, but I will move to the USA soon. Your story really inspired me because I thought that I was almost too old to start a new career at the are of 36. After reading your Story, I am fully confident to pursue my Goal of becoming a successful Web Developer! By the way, you can call me Marco - my real name that is :joy::wink: All the best for your Future. I know you will reach your Goal! Cheers.

1 Like

Hi Marco,

I am happy I was able to help you. I haven’t been to Germany, but I hope to someday since it is part of my ancestry. Thank you so much for letting me know that I inspire you. I believe that no one is too old to start something new, and that anything is achievable. Thank you for sharing your thoughts because it inspires me too. I enjoy helping you and the others on this post who have reached out to me. It makes me want to help more people with their dreams of becoming a developer and show them support. All the best for your future and you will reach your goals too! If you have any questions just let me know and I will do my best to help.

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love your work. Your about page was very inspirational

1 Like