Build a Survey Form (action required in codepen)

Build a Survey Form (action required in codepen)

Tell us what’s happening:
Hello! I’m working on the 2nd responsive web design project which is the first one dealing with forms. Anyway, I did an html analyze on codepen and it returned a notification that i am missing the “action” paramter on my tag. Just within the context of the exercise, do I need to fill this in? if yes, is there some kind of place holder of sorts as I am really not passing anything in the exercise, just building the form.

The codepen inspector warning goes: * The ‘action’ attribute is required for elements.

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.142 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/responsive-web-design-projects/build-a-survey-form

action isn’t necessary on form elements, hasn’t been so for a long time. It is important if you have something set up that processes the form (like a script on a server somewhere that takes the data and does something with it), but if you haven’t, it isn’t important. It’s just a warning, you can ignore it.

Hi Dan, you’re right. Thanks! After using codepen for a while I’ve realized there are other negligible warnings.

1 Like