Build a Technical Documentation Page - 5 test-cases failing mysteriously

5 test cases are failing but I have checked and re-checked the code and don’t see why they are failing.:

User Story #4: Each section element with the class of main-section should also have an id that corresponds with the text of each header contained within it. Any spaces should be replaced with underscores (e.g. The section that contains the header “Javascript and Java” should have a corresponding id=“Javascript_and_Java”).

User Story #9: The navbar element should contain one header element which contains text that describes the topic of the technical documentation.

User Story #11: The header element in the navbar must come before any link (a) elements in the navbar.

User Story #12: Each element with the class of nav-link should contain text that corresponds to the header text within each section (e.g. if you have a “Hello world” section/header, your navbar should have an element which contains the text “Hello world”).

User Story #13: When I click on a navbar element, the page should navigate to the corresponding section of the main-doc element (e.g. If I click on a nav-link element that contains the text “Hello world”, the page navigates to a section element that has that id and contains the corresponding header.

My CodePen: https://codepen.io/sabahatiqbal/pen/djNPqN

Many thanks!

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.99 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:

You just need to read the errors in more detail.
For eg here is a screen shot showing the error for the missing header element inside navbar element

If you look at the sentence that starts with AssertionError , it describes exactly what is missing. For eg here it expects a <header> element to be somewhere inside the navbar.

And as you can see from the screen shot, you don’t have a <header> element inside that navbar element.
So just fix that and reread the errors to fix the rest.
Ps. A h3 element is not a header element

1 Like