Build A Tribute Page Help

Build A Tribute Page Help

I don’t understand why my border isn’t following my css commands. No matter what I do, the border is just a thin white line. Can someone help me understand what’s wrong?

https://codepen.io/CHIMPSnDIP/pen/eygepM?editors=1100

Aren’t you supposed to use one of the available libraries for the project? i.e bootstrap.css

You are supposed to activate bootstrap, but I was under the impression you could still use css if you wanted to.

The project said you need to use one of any libraries part of the project so bootstrap is one of them.

Not sure why border isn’t working. You can try to use outline instead:
.border { outline: 10px solid black; padding: 5px 5px 50px 5px; }

So do borders just not work correctly if bootstrap is activated?

Thank you, that works. I wish I knew why the border isn’t working.

I can see that you put ‘.border’ in the CSS file when there is no ID in the HTML file, I believe you were trying to border up the images, were you not?

There’s already a class in bootstrap called border. So you can do:

.border {
  border: 2px solid black !important;
  padding: 5px 5px 40px 5px;
}

or change border to be an id #border and take out the !important and edit your HTML accordingly:

#border {
  border: 2px solid black;
  padding: 5px 5px 40px 5px;
}

OOOOOHHHHHHHH. Now I understand. I changed the class from border to page-border and now it works fine. Thanks so much.

I was just trying to put a border on the one image, but v-lai told me there was already a class in bootstrap called border, so that’s what was messing me up. I just changed my class name and now the border works fine.

Good man - good job.

Just to clear this up, you don’t necessarily have to use a library, though the project suggests you could: “Use whichever libraries you need.”

Yes, am aware of that

Excellent! Just checking :wink:

I don´t understand why the image is not showing. Any ideas??? https://codepen.io/Matzu/pen/RxeOMm?editors=1000

got it . Thx pl and sorry for the truble