Building a basic calculator in python 2.7

so i am trying to build a calculator that can do basic math but a problem that i have is that i cant figure out how to ask the user for input and with that input ask for the certain amount of numbers (based on the users input).
i didnt really explain it well but thats all i can do :frowning:

Below is my code:

math1 = raw_input("Please type the symbol of the math action you wish to do: ")
if action == β€œ+” :
num1 = float(input("Give the first number: "))
num2 = float(input("Give the second number: "))
print (num1 + num2)
if action == β€œ*” :
print (num1 * num2)
if action == β€œ/” :
num1 = (input("Give the first number: "))
num2 = (input("Give the second number: "))
print (num1 / num2)
if action == β€œ-” :
print (num1 - num2)
exit1 = raw_input("Type β€˜e’ or if you wish to exit: ")

Take a look at the first line. You are assigning the symbol to the math1 variable, but where further in code are you doing something with that value?

Yeah…thats my bad because i changed the variable name from action to math1 before uploading the code but forgot to change it to the whole code.
I dont know if u understand my question but its been troubling me fir a few days how to make the user choose how many numbers he is going to input.

So you know, Python 2 has reached end of life. It is highly recommended that you only use Python 3 going forward.

If you want to make it interactive and a bit more advance create a GUI for it.
This is one I found on GUI Designer - LabDeck
Screenshot_2021-02-25 GUI Designer - LabDeck
Use this software,MD Python (Free) - LabDeck, it’s free and simply add the code, if you don’t want to use the Designer generate the GUI components into Python code. And if you do do this please get back to me so I can see the final product.