Cant get my Css to link to my html

CIS Bootcamp - Jack Cole
<p>This is the homepage<br> &nbsp; for my CIS Bootcamp website</p>

<p>Please visit my site to register for Bootcamp events</p>

Please be more specific about your problem. You’ve only shared two <p> tags. Please share your entire HTML file and what you’ve tried so far to fix your problem.
Also, specify whether you’re trying to add inline styles, <script> tag files, or link to a separate stylesheet.

I’m trying to link to a seperate styesheet,

!DOCTYPE html

html lang = “en”

head

meta charset=“utf-8”

link rel=“stylesheet” type=“css” href=“index.css”

/head

This includes the <> bracking(just wouldnt let me type the actual code in the comment?)

my css is named correctly and saved in the same file as my index page.

thanks so much and hope that this is clearer.

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

1 Like

You have an incorrect type it should be type="text/css", but it’s actually recommended that you do not use that attribute.

Other than that it is pretty hard to help with.

1 Like

thanks…

…
…

that was it

What lasjorg said above. You can format your posts/comments with Markdown syntax (link to syntax cheatsheet), but wrapping your HTML code in backticks will allow you to post it properly.

Regarding your original question, though, from what you’ve provided, everything looks correct except for the <link...type=...>. I don’t believe it’s necessary to specify a link type for a stylesheet, because it’s assumed it is CSS.