Chrome caching too aggressive? Firefox reflects updates, chrome doesn't. Trying to convert

Hey guys, first post here. Hoping for some help.

I found a thread from a year ago about which browser was the most popular. It seemed to be chrome. I am working on a site now though and trying to give chrome a chance as I have used firefox for 5 years.

The problem though is when I make css changes to site, they don’t show up on chrome until I manually clear the cache, while firefox reflects them immediately as it should.

Do you guys have any suggestions for me. I tried googling the issue but couldn’t really find much. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Holding down shift while clicking the refresh button will force the browser to download all assets, but that’s not the way web developers typically solve this issue.

• If you’re just starting out, consider using Brackets as your editor. It comes with a live preview mode right out of the box, so you can view your changes immediately. Other editors have live preview plugins that will accomplish the same thing.

• If you’re a bit more advanced and you’re not afraid of the command line, there are some editor and browser independent tools you can leverage. I estimate that this would be easier for you than managing editor plugins, but having to type commands into a computer box sends some people into fits of panic. Unless I have to use Webpack, my go-to tool is BrowserSync. For simple projects, this couldn’t get easier. Once you have it installed, just navigate to your project’s root directory and run browser-sync start. There are options to change which directory it serves files from and even lots more complicated stuff. It will automatically refresh your browser anytime a file changes in your project’s directory.

• At the top of the complexity pyramid lies the build tools. Think of these as JavaScript interfaces to other programs installed on your computer. Webpack, Grunt, and Gulp are the major players here. These allow you to process, copy, and build files in hugely complicated ways. When you need these, you’ll learn about them. Unless you’re building with some front-end JavaScript library, I suggest sticking with one of the first two options.

Thank you for the reply.

Ultimately, for what I need, your initial suggestion is perfect. Upon further messing around, I also found out that command/shift/r does this as well.

Thanks again!