Cloud9 requiring Credit Card

Cloud9 requiring Credit Card

I’m in the API Projects now and FCC is recommending c9.io. I have everything I need in my computer but I need a place where I can share my project without uploading my files, like CodePen. That’s what I understand.

0 Likes

I’ll try it, thank you @Cairos

0 Likes

I didn’t use c9 for the API projects. You can use Heroku and mLab for hosting and Database. Heroku ask for a credit card when you get to 5 apps, but you can complete all the API projects without a card.

1 Like

You can email their support team and they will get you started if your card is not working without credit card.They have activated my account without credit card also support team was very helpful in process.

0 Likes

@mauricioandrian
I’m not sure if this works because I haven’t tested it yet, but you could try to get a Vanilla Visa gift card (available at some retail stores) or something else of that nature; it’s essentially a card you put money on and swipe at retailers (or online). It has the same things as a standard credit card (number, expiration date, CCV). If they ask for the name on the card, try leaving it blank.

0 Likes

Thanks @P1xt, you save our asses every time.

0 Likes

Bro just login to edx.org get enroll to Cs50 and go to Cs50 ide you will get cloud 9 account through edx without credit card

2 Likes

Cloud9 has an education system, seems like a team costs $1 and each team can have an unlimited number of students, and more importantly, students don’t need a credit card. Maybe freecodecamp can use this system for people who don’t have easy access to a credit card?

1 Like

Have a look at this, it will solve the problem

2 Likes