Codewars :[ (Venting)

almost done with YDKJS books was feeling good this morning so I was taking javascript quiz i found online. I would do alright on them. Then I found code wars… I was feeling a little discouraged but, Im gonna keep pushing. I still enjoy those books very much, I came so far! I’m gonna finish those books then the javascript on FCC then I will do the computer science course on edX.

Gotta keep pushing. There’s a developer job waiting to hire me!

1 Like

A lot of the codewars problems are hit or miss. If one looks too difficult keep looking until you find one that’s more manageable. Codewars has definitely helped my Javascript skills improve.

You could also try codingame. I’ve heard that the quality of the problems are higher than codewars’.

4 Likes

I know a lot of people love codingwars, but I didn’t find it all that helpful or enjoyable. I’m going to look at codinggame though. I remember trying something similar a year or so ago but it all seemed to be about making your code as short as possible (instead of good) and that pissed me off.

1 Like

I really enjoy Codewars now, but it did take me a while to get into it. If you’re struggling too long on a particular problem, just take a break and come back to it later. There are tons of challenges available so you could always opt for a different one, too.

One thing I’ve noticed is that many of the Codewars challenges are similar to those on FCC, so they will have you in good shape once you get to the basic algorithms on here.

2 Likes