Comment out HTML5! What am I doing wrong?

Comment out HTML5! What am I doing wrong?

It is still saying that this is wrong, help!

Comment out your h1 element and your p element, but not your h2 element.

Your code so far

<!-—
<h1>Hello World</h1>
-—>
<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<!-—
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
-—>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 12_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.0 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1.

It is caused by the dashes -—, I think it’s a mobile thing. Make sure you are using the correct type of dash -.

Is that why it shows up red?

You mean in the code you posted above, not sure.

Anyway, you want to hyphen (-). I think it can be caused by Smart Punctuation, try turning it off.

It could be why. The editor seems to make each HTML tag name (the stuff inside the angle brackets) as red. It seems to interpret your comments as some unknown HTML tag.

Just in case, you did not understand the previous reply about the dashes, let me try to say it another way. Many editors will change two dashes into two longer dashes because that’s what is expected for a written English document. It looks better. But this is not something you want when writing source code. Some editors have an option to not change double dashes. Often you can notice the double dashes are automatically changed, you can backup and re-type the two dashes and the editor will leave them alone.

But the best solution is to use a code editor.