Completing Front end projects with minimal styling

Hi,

I am not interested in design. I would like to end up working as a back end developer. Would it be OK to complete the front end projects with minimal styling as long as they pass the tests so I can move on to the back end section?

Thanks.

Of course,

As long as you complete the user stories and pass the tests, you can claim a certificate.

Thanks for the reply’s. I have passed the tests for the first 2 projects even though the designs are poor.

I will continue on and do all the certifications without worrying about and design issues so that I don’t run into any problems with the later certs.

Cheers!

I think that this approach is likely to hurt you down the road, especially if you are doing FCC with the intention of getting a job.

These projects are a good opportunity to build your portfolio, and you want your portfolio to look good. When companies browse your profile, their first impression is important. Some might not take a lot of time to look at the quality of the code. This is particularly true for recruiters, who couldn’t tell good code from bad code anyway.