Concatenating Strings with Plus Operator again

Tell us what’s happening:

Hi Guys,

I’m stuck on the FCC tutorials for concatenating in JS - I’ve got 3/4 green ticks but can’t get past this little guy - Use the + operator to build myStr".

Concatenating itself is working fine and if I console.log out the myStr variable I get the right answer so I think technically it’s working ok, but just can’t get that last :white_check_mark:

Any help is greatly appreciated so I can continue.

var start="This is the start. ";
var end="This is the end.";

var myStr=start + end;

console.log(myStr)

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/77.0.3865.75 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-javascript/concatenating-strings-with-plus-operator/

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

Instead of using the variables start and end, just concatenate the strings directly in the myStr initialization (as in the example). What you are doing is correct code, but the test is looking for a particular pattern.