Could you help me out

Could you help me out

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<html>

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<p> 
    Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff 
</P>

<p>
     purr jump eat the rass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched
 </p>
</html>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_3) AppleWebKit/604.5.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0.3 Safari/604.5.6.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements

how I can wrap this up

add, a <main> before the first <p>

then add a </main> after the final closing </p>

You need add main tag before first paragraph?

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<main>
<p> 
    Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff 
</p>

<p>
     purr jump eat the rass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched
 </p>
</main>

thank you sir but its still showing p element closing tag missing

Try out code

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<main>
    <p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
    <p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>
</main>

thanks dear , could you tell me how I can close the p elements tag

Yes, close the tag with </p>

<p>Paragraph, close is--> </p>

Understand? :slightly_smiling_face:

no sir . could you explain me here please

https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<html>

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<main>
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff</P>

<p>purr jump eat the rass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched</p>
 </main>
</html>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_3) AppleWebKit/604.5.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0.3 Safari/604.5.6.

Link to the challenge:

Although html tags are not case-sensitive like the values of html element attributes such as id and class, the FCC tests are not expecting you to use capital letters for the opening or closing tags. Currently in your latest posted code, you have a capitalized closing tag which should be lowercase.

Do not include <html> </html> tags. Instructions doesn’t mention this. Also, lowercase your all html tags. Your tests will pass with rest of the code you have!

What are you talking about?

I’m suggesting to omit the opening and closing <html></html> tags, the tests will then pass.

Sorry! I wrote <html> </html> without backticks and it disappeared upon posting… I fixed it now. I’m new to this forum. Thanks for letting me know!

Exactly which opening and closing tags would you omit? My last post explained to the OP what to do to resolve the issue. The tests are not treating the closing p tag as case-insensitive, which is a small bug.

Sorry, a paragraph is a simple HTML tag as you are learning. And the format of a paragraph tag is <p> and the closing is</p>
Just like the other tags you’ll learn in the HTML structure.

You have added a second paragraph but that is only half of the requirements.
“Wrap the paragraphs with an opening and closing main tag.”

When I first looked at this thread I didn’t see any replies - wonder how that got by me.
As someone else said you don’t want to add the “html” opening and closing tag.