else if (card<=9 && card>=7 ){
    count =count+0;

}
  else{
    count =count -1;
  }

// Only change code above this line
}

// Add/remove calls to test your function.
// Note: Only the last will display
cc(2); cc(3); cc(7); cc('K'); cc('A');
if(count>0){
    return count,"Bet";
  }  
  else if(count<=0){
    return count,"Hold";
  }

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.99 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-javascript/counting-cards

This is a very good first start!

Firstly, you seem to have accidentally put some of the code outside of the function – when it has return statements and the like. That bit of code is below:

if(count>0){
    return count,"Bet";
  }  
  else if(count<=0){
    return count,"Hold";
  }

You need to move it to the correct position, or else your code will throw an error and won’t run. That’s because the return statement errors when it’s not inside a function, because it doesn’t know what to do exactly.

In addition, in JavaScript, the comma (,) operator will evaluate each of its statements and then return the last in the sequence (technically, it only takes two arguments and binds left-to-right, but that isn’t important).

function example() {
   return 1, 2, 3, 4 // returns 4
}

Likewise, the statement

return count,"Hold";

is identical to

return "Hold";

And that definitely won’t pass any of the tests. Instead, to join two strings together, we can use the concatenation operator (+). If we pass it a number and a string, it will coerce the number into a string and then join them together. So, 1 + "Bet" will be 1Bet.

But what you want, I suspect, is 1 Bet (with a space between the two). You can include spaces in JavaScript strings, so you just need to change "Bet" to have a space at the start. Note that ( "Bet") (i.e., placing the spaces before the ", won’t work, because it’s not part of the string, but part of the code).

Once those issues are fixed, it might be a little easier to solve your problem. Good luck!

EDIT: I made the changes I just described above, and managed to get it to work. To summarise, those changes were:

1. Move the stray bit of code back into the function
  2. Change the , operator to instead concatenation (+) operators
  3. Make sure there is a space between the number and the “Bet” or “Hold” text