Counting Cards; I dont understand it at all, maybe coding isnt for me

Counting Cards; I dont understand it at all, maybe coding isnt for me

I apparently haven’t learned anything this entire section because I get to this section and have no idea what to do and even after I saw the answer I can’t even fathom how anyone would get to this answer. Could someone explain to me this part and what every piece means. I am starting the reconsider going through this FCC at all after this…

If you feel completely lost so far, I might suggest starting again back at the beginning of the Basic JavaScript section and clear each challenge and work them again. Up until now, did you have to look at any of the answers to pass the challenges?

Most beginners struggle through the Basic JavasScript section compared to the html and css stuff. You are not alone. Just keep practicing and try not to look at the answers before posting a question here on the forum about why your current code is not working. You will learn more and get much more satisfaction using your own solution than always having someone explain the guide code to you. Use the guides to review other ways after you have successfully completed your own.

If you really want to work through the Counting Cards challenge now, then at least your attempt to code it and let us take a look to give you some hints or guidance. If you can not even start to code, then you need to try to at least write out an algorithm in plain language and post it, so we at least see what you think is an approach to solving the challenge.

If you enter a code block into the forum, precede it with a line of three backticks and follow it with a line of three backticks to make easier to read. See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.