Create a Component with Composition Freeze

Create a Component with Composition Freeze

Tell us what’s happening:
Dear freeCodeCamp,

Greetings. Thanks for a great program. Sorry to bother, but this specific lesson makes my computer freeze. I have tried it on two different Dell laptops and three different web browsers (chrom<e, edge, and internet explorer). As soon as I type the screen freezes and my cursor freezes to the straight line text cursor. At this point I can neither type nor click anything. Great React course though. Any suggestions please?

Sincerely,

coderdc13

Your code so far

const ChildComponent = () => {
  return (
    <div>
      <p>I am the child</p>
    </div>
  );
};

class ParentComponent extends React.Component {
  constructor(props) {
    super(props);
  }
  render() {
    return (
      <div>
        <h1>I am the parent</h1>
        { /* change code below this line */ }

{ /* change code above this line */ }
      </div>
    );
  }
};

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/69.0.3497.100 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/front-end-libraries/react/create-a-component-with-composition

When you clicked on the Ask for Help button, what browser were you using?

You should not experience any problems when using Chrome, but Edge or Safari could be a problem.

Dear randelldawson,

Greetings. Thank you for your response. I was using chrome when I clicked on ask for help, and the only reason it worked was because I did not try typing any code to solve the challenge. I tried it on another computer on chrome (chrome is my favorite anyway) but when I write the components in my response, it just freezes up.

Sincerely,

coderdc13

Using Chrome, maybe try clearing out your cache history back to at least the time frame you started working on this challenge. Then reload the challenge again and see what happens. Let us know if you still have trouble.